The Glenkinchie Distillery, “The Edinburgh Malt” lies in a glen of the Kinchie Burn near the village of Pencaitland in East Lothian. It is situated just 15 miles from Edinburgh. The distillery is set in farmland. Its origins date back to 1825 under the name of Milton Distillery. It was renamed it in 1837 after the original land owners ‘De Quincy’.