North of Scotland
The distillery stood by the River Devon, a tributary of the River Forth, converted from the old Robert Knox’s Forth Brewery, which was created in 1786, nearby the Cambus distillery in 1957 by George Christie and first known as Strathmore. It changed its name to North of Scotland in 1964 and was once the smallest grain whisky distillery in Scotland with a capacity around 3 million liters. After only a few years of production, the distillery was closed in 1980 and dismantled in 1993. The remaining buildings were used as warehouses at the Cambus distillery.